one little lock

Last night after coming back from some essentials-only shopping at Target, when I went to unlock our front door the inner chamber of the lock completely came out!  After calling my husband, I walked down to our nearby diner and ordered a coffee and cake donut (yum) to wait for him. 

After Zach got home we checked the lock out again and called a locksmith.  Unfortunately, the first company we called couldn't send someone until Monday.  Panic began to set in.  By the seventh phone call we finally had someone who could come in about 45 minutes.  Breathing a sigh of relief, we decided to wait in the car until he showed up.  Two hours later, we are sitting in the dark getting cold and hungry.  Our friendly locksmith finally showed up and was able to get the door open after 15 minutes of "surgery."

Funny enough - I told Zach that morning that I just wanted a cozy evening with him and no distractions.  We have both been busy, and life is filled with meetings, schedules, and classes that keep us apart.  It was nice to talk in the car without anything else to do.  But I would be lying if I said I wasn't ecstatic when the front door opened, and we were back inside our cozy little house cuddling up to watch The Office together.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...