simple thoughts on food

I have all these thoughts running through my head about food, nutrition, and industry.  I need to move them out of my head, so I can have some space to think about other things in life. (This is a big topic to tackle - so pervasive and critical.  Anyone else feel the enormity of it?)

  1. the simpler the better
  2. eat more plants
  3. avoid the middle aisles of the grocery store
  4. the first bite is the most satisfying
  5. processed food is unhealthy
  6. all things in moderation, including moderation
  7. better to go to waste than to waist
  8. I hated the rice/soy milk experiment.  But honestly we don't drink milk that often.

At this point Zach and I still really like meat, butter, cheese, milk and don't intend on going vegan or even vegetarian.  But we are treating meat as more of a luxury than a necessity and experimenting with more grains and plants.

If you like Reese's - you MUST make these.  I am in love with this recipe**!  It follows the advice of Michael Pollan - eat all the junk food you want, as long as you make it yourself.

If you'd like to join in the discussion - check out Rachel and Hayley's posts this week.  They are such sweet friends, and I can't wait to hear their thoughts on the topic.  Also, check out this GOOP newsletter on Meat Free Mondays.


**I substituted normal chocolate chips and half-and-half for the carob chips and rice milk (because it was pretty unappetizing).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...