tips: streamlined & perfect blog reading

Ok, this is a little off-topic of normal house & life topics, but a tiny little button has just made my reading experience 100 times more enjoyable!  I thought I would share....


When I first started reading blogs, I would use the reading list on the right side of my blog and click on each blog checking to see if they'd updated.  It was time-consuming to say the least.

More recently, I've started using Google Reader which is definitely an efficient way of seeing new posts, but I missed seeing each blog's webpage design.  My commenting decreased (sorry!) because I didn't take the time to click over to the author's actual page.


Now for the good news!  I just discovered the Next bookmarklet, which goes through my subscription list and with one click I can see the original post as intended by the author.  It has all the efficiency of Google Reader, without using the ugly Google Reader page.  It is so easy to "install" too.  Beautiful.



And when you've read all new posts....this page comes up:

 
Here are the two posts that showed me how to add the Next bookmarklet....

So, tell me...did you already discover this?  Are you happy with the way you read blogs?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...