trial and error

This year for Valentine's Day Zach and I went to Fresh Market, and one of the recipes I wanted to try was Ina Garten's roasted shrimp cocktail. So, instead of buying the ready-to-eat shrimp, we bought fresh shrimp and roasted them at home. I'm sure if Ina would have made them, they would have been fabulous, but mine didn't seem more flavorful, and they were slightly rubbery (because my sweet husband worries about eating undercooked seafood). Anyways, although I will not use the roasted shrimp part of the recipe again, the cocktail sauce was amazing! We are big fans of the spicy cocktail sauce from St. Elmo's Steak House, and this is the best cocktail sauce I've had outside of their restaurant. Also, I had all the ingredients except prepared horseradish and chili sauce.Ina's Spicy Cocktail Sauce

1/2 cup chili sauce (recommended: Heinz)
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...