culinary adventures, the sequel

Today brought lots and lots of cooking after multiple grocery trips yesterday. I wanted to make a special dinner for the 2 of us to celebrate Zach's birthday, since his family will be visiting us tomorrow (and I'm cooking for all of them for the first time!!).

Cornbake - Mix ingredients and add to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes.
2 c. sweet corn
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. sour cream
2 eggs
1 Jiffy corn muffin mix
Next, I found a recipe for pesto pea salad from one of my Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. I have been wanting to try this for awhile now, and it was a perfectly easy and delicious salad.
Finally I have been craving the rolls from Red Lobster, but Zach has been refusing to take me. So, I found this article about the rolls and made a few variations. These biscuits are my new favorite - so flaky and flavorful!
Biscuits
2 1/2 c. flour
3 3/4 baking powder
2/3 t. salt
2 1/2 T. shortening
4 T. butter, cold
3/4 c. milk
1/4 t. garlic powder
1 c. cheddar cheese

Garlic-Butter Topping
2 T. butter, melted
1/4 t. dried dill
1/2 t. garlic powder
pinch of salt


Preheat oven to 400. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, shortening, and butter using a fork until there are pea-sized pieces of butter. Add cheddar cheese, milk and garlic. Mix by hand until just combined. Drop biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet using ice cream scoop. Bake 15-17 minutes. Brush garlic-butter on top of biscuits once they are removed from the oven.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...