before and after: branching out from white

I really like to paint.

I tend to pick white as my fallback whenever I'm painting furniture.  I like it....Everything goes together....It is simple.  Anyone else fall into these ruts?

Here's the twist...Last weekend while at Home Depot picking up more paint, I was also browsing for paint for my cherry-stained Target stools and a traditional side table passed down from my mom.  I jumped for a Martha Stewart color that I thought could work.  This past weekend I dragged everything out to the porch and got to work. 

Before:
Martha Stewart magnetite, semi-gloss

After:

 {now cute and functional}

2 comments:

MMM said...

Lindsey,
Did you strip the tables before you painted them or use Kilzs?

Lindsey said...

MMM -

All I need to do was sand the tables and stools. I didn't want to use any chemicals and it worked out great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...