currently reading...


1. just finished Epic, by John Eldridge.  It is a fantastic, short read to get you thinking about the story God has placed us in and our role in the story.  For me, it sort of helped explain why I wrote this post, and a reminder of the hope that we have.  It is too easy to lose sight of that most days.


2. Pacing the Panic Room's posts on the new Harry Potter theme park at Universal.  Truthful, detailed, and all you needed to know about butterbeer.  As a big fan, I'm almost tempted to go....is there an off season??  Find the posts here and here.

 3. Our textbook for a new class I'm co-teaching this year.  It is an elective for upperclassmen discussing a range of ethical dilemmas faced by medical doctors and scientists.  I'm stoked!  It is a fairly short book, but it is concise and direct.  I'll be teaching the science, while one of our Bible teachers covers the ethics, theology, and philosophy + I get to have some of my old students again. 

4. Zach has read all of Malcolm Gladwell's books and loves his writing style.  On vacation this year I was desperate for a book after finishing my own, so I started to read What the Dog Saw.  I'm not normally one for non-fiction writing (despite what this list may say about me), but he is an excellent storyteller.  I'll keep reading this one throughout the school year since it is a collection of short stories, from which he draws some fascinating conclusions.

1 comment:

Matt and Abby said...

I saw your mom this morning, she is so sweet! She said you were antiquing and shopping for school clothes. So jealous! I hope you got something good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...