blogs + discontentment

one of the prettiest prints from 20x200


I've been struggling with discontentment lately. 

So many of you write beautiful blogs - each unique and worthwhile in its own way.  I love reading them and the ideas and inspiration they provide.  I like having space to think and glean from your wisdom, experience, and advice.  I like seeing pictures and evidence of the creative energy flowing.  Good stuff.

But sometimes too much blog-focus can lead to jealousy or belittling myself, which stinks.

I like this space to be a positive outlet. 
It is not my soapbox, or my job, or my diary.  
I am more than my blog.  

Sometimes it is difficult to think of what to publish -- when days are not positive -- or when my job takes precedence -- or when I'm thinking about issues that won't be debated here.  I can easily trap myself with a restless unhappiness for my own abilities in cyberspace.

All this to say:  For the next week I'm taking a little break - following the advice of Melanie and friends.  Instead of worrying about posts or tweets, I need to be:

  • soaking up some precious time with my husband ...
  • counting my blessings ...
  • celebrating one brother's engagement and my other brother's birthday ...
  • surviving 3rd quarter with my sweet students (you remember those days, don't you?) ...
  • pitching-in for an all-American cookout - in anticipation of summer  ....
  • learning contentment and joy in Christ.

Thanks for reading and being so very encouraging.  I hope you have a week filled with contentment and blessing too, sweet friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...