A Weekend Moment

This weekend was spent celebrating my littlest brother's 17th birthday.  He is one of the most energetic, caring, and goofy people I know.  He also got in a major accident this year, and I couldn't be more grateful to be able to celebrate another year with him.  I love watching him grow up and mature, and I am so proud of him.  Check out his sweet birthday cakes:

{cake #1 - strawberry with cream cheese frosting}
{cake #2 - chocolate, chocolate, chocolate}

While we were getting ready for Ben's party, I was telling my parents about the PBS show, Faces of America, I've been watching.  I knew my dad's side was from Ireland and my mom's side was from Germany, but I was so surprised to discover they had genealogies for both of their families.  In fact my dad has records that show his ancestors came over to Philadelphia from Belfast on a schooner called the Mississippi!  Looking through all our family names and some of the wedding pictures they had was truly incredible.  There is something to be said for knowing your past and where you came from.

{the Irish}

{the Germans}

Hope you all had a lovely weekend as well!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...