sweet blueberry muffins

This is my go-to muffin recipe on Saturday mornings when I'm craving something piping hot from the oven with minimal mess in my kitchen.  I always add extra blueberries than the recipe calls for because I love them so much.  These will definitely be a staple in the recipe book I'm working on for the holidays - I've got 42 recipes typed and photographed with just a few more to add.

p.s.  thanks girls for the Tastebook suggestion - I've found it to be much easier than Blurb to use!  Anyone else working on a recipe book as a holiday gift? 


 Sweet Blueberry Muffins

1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. canola oil
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 c. fresh blueberries (or frozen - drained and thawed)

Heat oven to 400.  Add muffin wrappers to tin.  Beat egg, stir in milk and oil.  Mix in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy.  Carefully stir in blueberries.  Fill muffin cups until 2/3 full.  Bake 20-25 minutes.  Immediately remove from pan and allow to cool (or slice and add a pat of butter for immediate consumption).

makes 12 muffins

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...