honest & random

an honest picture - sans makeup

Sweet emilylime tagged me to create a list of 7 random things about myself.  Have you checked out her blog - she is so cute and funny!  In an effort to keep with my new resolution, I've done a little introspection of my quirkier side and asked husband to help me when I got stuck - funny how he could just spout off things....


Here's my odd, honest rundown:

  1. Background music or noise doesn't fade into the background for me.  Somehow my brain concentrates on the noise and drives me a little insane if I'm trying to have a conversation.  
  2. I'm pretty talented at making dinosaur noises, especially a Pterodactyl.  Did I really just put that on here? 
  3. Three students have fainted during my class, and I caught them.  I know the warning signs (white face, cold sweat, eyes roll) because I am a fainter - first day of college, first day joining a gym, and when I get the flu. 
  4. I love pizza.  Most nights I say, "What should we have for dinner? Pizza?" and then we actually decide what to eat (this is my favorite recipe, too)
  5. Husband and I have loads of nicknames for each other, and rarely call each other by our first names - see my new blog title for proof.
  6. Sometimes I feel really out of place in my chosen profession - especially the time when I went to see Ben Stein's movie, Expelled, on opening night and the whole theater was full of middle-aged guys with pocket protectors and short-sleeved collared shirts (read, Dwight Schrute).  Great movie, by the way.
  7. I like cooking and baking because it reminds me of my chemistry labs in college - only you get to eat the end result.
p.s. If you're reading, consider yourself tagged.  Play along and leave a little list or link to your own post in the comments.  I'd love to read some of your quirky tidbits, too!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Lindsey!!! Holy moly!! What a sweet surprise it was when I logged on to my computer and stumbled upon your blog to see you not only had returned, but had some GREAT posts that I LOVED reading! I am definitely a devoted blog reader and yours is a favorite. I hadn't checked back for updates for quite some time because I knew you were on a little hiatus, so it was a nice surprise.

Here are a little of my quirks to play along with your post.

1. I often do not put anything away after I get it out, but at the end of the day or week, etc...I go frantic and clean everything high and low. I am often paralyzed with fear that I will be like my mother, who was the clutter queen. Dumb, I know.
2. I often do not buy clothes I need, but clothes that are cheap. I have been known to get a piece of clothing that didn't fit very well just because it was cheap. That is something I have been trying to change.
3. Contrary to popular belief, I really am an introvert. I am horrible at calling people and asking them to do something because most nights I really do enjoy a night in, curled up with my hubs or a movie.
4. My husband and I have a lot of nicknames for each other too. We also rarely call each other by our real names, unless we are mad. :(
5. I am really bad about calling friends and checking to see how life is, and I am even worse at calling people back.

Anyway, have a great weekend, Lindsey!!! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Love,
Heather

Lindsey said...

Heather - love you and your list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...