Lent and Easter, revisited




We spent Easter in a far-away land without our usual Easter basket treats, deviled eggs, family lunch, and familiar worship songs.  Instead we found ourselves surrounded by nature and worshipping beside a catholic church on the Mediterranean Sea.  It was quiet, peaceful and we both read through the Gospel accounts of the crucifixion and resurrection. 

During a trip that was very busy and eventful, this was our little bit of serenity and focus.

Now that I'm back home, I am planning to continue my Lent commitments because of the simplicity it brought to my life.  Officially, I'm done with twitter and facebook (at least on a daily basis).  I've fallen in love with investing and communicating with people, in person, face to face.  I'm not zapped of emotional energy from surfing the web, and I can put the computer away more quickly.

However, I'm trying not just to rid myself of these habits, but continue with positive ones in their stead.  Here's what I'm doing with my time:

  • being creative - cooking, gardening, painting, and a tiny bit of crafting
  • reading - especially reading through the Bible and also reading for fun
  • loving well - intentionally loving God, my husband, and those around us

I know it isn't rocket science, but it is working for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...